IVAN SALINA FERNANDES
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
1+ years of experience developing and publishing iPhone applications using Objective-C and Cocoa. Portfolios at http://www.brightideasoftware.com and http://www.deal.com.br/DealMobile/Interna.aspx?ID_Artigo=52&ID_Idioma=1;
15 years of experience in software design and development;
7 years of experience in Java development, including J2EE, EJB, JSP and common frameworks;
7 years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL programming;
5 years of experience in Web projects, B2B and B2C;
2 years of experience in Mac OS X development (Objective-C and Cocoa);
Sun Certified Business Component Developer (SCBCD) J2EE 1.3
Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) 1.4
Dreamweaver 3 - Macromedia Certified
Flash 4 - Macromedia Certified
Co-author of “Domine seu iPhone” (Master your iPhone), the first published iPhone book in Brazil providing tips and tricks to master the iPhone (http://www.novatec.com.br/livros/iphone/);
Co-author of “NaTerraDoTioSam.com”, a Wordpress based blog about traveling and living in United States, with more than 20,000 readers per month;
Tools: XCode, Eclipse, MyEclipse, NetBeans, Rational Rose, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Project Builder, CVS, SVN (Subversion);
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Apple Cocoa, Ajax DWR, Yahoo! YUI, XDoclets;
Databases: Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MySql, Access, Progress, FoxPro, DBF;
Application Servers: Websphere, Weblogic, JRun, TomCat;
Operating Systems: MacOS 9, MacOS X, iPhone OS, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Unix (user level).
iPhone Developer, Deal Technologies
june, 2009 to present date - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Company background: Deal Technologies is a consulting company specialized in Information Technology solutions for large companies, and is driven by inovation in all IT areas.
Technologies: Mac OS X, xCode, iPhone OS 2.x and 3.x, iPhone SDK, iTunes App Store, Cocos2D, Chipmunk.
- Development of an iPhone application for the largest soccer team in Brazil, Corinthians, responsible for showing news, games results, players bios, fans comments, photos, videos, etc, using XML, Cocoa, Core Data, Core Animation and other SDK technologies;
- iPhone applications development, including conception, design, development and deployment at App Store;
- Meetings with clients to discuss their needs and possible solutions;
- Applications developed include all applications already deployed at AppStore (http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/deal-technologies/id325078257) and many other prototypes or internal applications.
Software Developer and owner, Bright Idea Software
March 2005 to present date - Fort Lauderdale, FL and Brazil
Company background: Bright Idea Software (www.brightideasoftware.com) is my personal company specialized in software development for Macintosh computers (Mac OS X) and iPhones (iPhone OS X).
Technologies: Programming: Cocoa, Cocoa touch, Objective-C, iPhone OS, Joomla, WordPress, PHP, J2EE, Java 1.4, Struts, HTML, CSS; IDE tools: XCode, Interface Builder, Adobe Fireworks; App Servers: TomCat; Databases: PostgreSQL, SQLlite, MySQL.
- Development of iPhone and iPod touch games, like the Bright puzzles series, with 12 jigsaw puzzles for kids, Saving Ducks, a funny game to hit crocodiles, Tax & Sizes and Conversion by Country, two conversion tools, everyone on sale at iTunes App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/bright-idea-software/id300833689).
- Web site development for clients like Pronto Post Inc (www.prontopost.com), NaTerraDoTioSam (www.naterradotiosam.com) and DomineSeuIPhone (www.domineseuiphone.com.br);
- Web application technical support for eDrugstore (www.edrugstore.md);
- Development of Ofx2Qif, a Mac OS X application responsible to convert bank files from OFX format (MS Money) to QIF format (Quicken), automatically applying categories to each transaction row;
Senior Java Developer, Citigroup (Stefanini IT Solutions)
November, 2007 to June, 2009 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Company background: Citigroup is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, responsible for companies like Citibank, Smith & Barney, Solomon and many other financial companies in U.S. and around the world.
Responsibilities: Working with Citigroup technology team in New Jersey and New York, my main achievements include:
- Development of CitiSSI, a golden source repository for Standard Settlement Instructions (SSI) used in all investment transactions;
- Maintenance and development of new features for eSales, the golden source maintainer for every investment customer information;
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) of TRADEplus, a third part application responsible to integrate information from a global investment database to Citigroup systems, responsible for maintenance and deployment of new releases;
- Winner of 2 Citi Realtime awards.
Team Leader, Eletrodireto (G&P Informatica)
March 2007 to October 2007 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Company background: Eletrodireto is one of the biggest home appliances and electronics distributor. In 2006 they decided to start an e-commerce (http://www.crocodilo.com.br), position it in the top 10 e-commerce sites in Brazil.
- Responsible for version control management, code integration and deployment process on Websphere machines;
- Maintenance of eCommerce application, including bug fixes and improvements;
- Team leader of a 3-developer team, focused on eCommerce maintenance.
Project Manager and Java Developer, Mcfox Software Design
MAY 2005 to January 2007 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Company background: McFox is an IT consulting company specialized in software design and software development. It’s main achievements include PS Office, a project management system, and Tax Rules, an application responsible to manage and calculate the complex brazilian taxes.
- TaxRules project manager, responsible for negotiating new features, deployment dates and development costs with clients and manage a 2-developer team;
- Analysis, design and development of an flexible Web Application for tax calculations, using an internal rules engine, SOA and Web Services technology. The application runs in major companies in Brazil, like Sulamerica (the largest Insurance company), BV Financeira (a financial company) and TAM Airlines, the largest airline company in the Country.
Senior Java/Oracle Developer, Mezzo (Ogeda Solutions)
August 2003 to February 2005 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Company background: A financial consulting company specialized in payment processes and investment options.
Technologies: Programming: Java, Swing, EJB, XML, Struts, PL/SQL; App Servers: TomCat; Databases: Oracle.
- Design and development of a billing software for cable companies;
- Design and development of integration with all major brazilian banks, automatically getting billing information from banks and updating the cable companies.
Team Leader, Secretaria da Fazenda (BRQ Informatica)
January 2003 to July 2003 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Company background: Secretaria da Fazenda is a Government Agency responsible for collecting taxes from all companies in the State of Sao Paulo.
Technologies: Programming: J2EE, Swing, Java 1.4, UML, Struts; Databases: Sybase; IDE tools: Rational Rose; Management tools: MS Project.
- Responsible for a team of 8 J2EE programmers, in a Software Factory style, using tools like MS Project;
- Responsible of design and development of J2EE systems.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer, CDHU (K2 Solutions)
December 2001 to January 2003 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Company background: CDHU is the biggest State Construction Company in Brazil. The company is responsible for building popular homes in the State of Sao Paulo.
Technologies: Programming: Java, Swing, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, PL/SQL for Web; IDE tools: Designer 2000; Databases: Oracle.
- Development of sales system for the entire company, used to input and manage clients, houses, mortgage calculations and all information related to the real state business.
VB AND Java Developer, Abril SA (ATS Sistemas)
October 1997 to November 2001 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Company background: The biggest publishing company in Latin America, responsible for most of the major magazines sold in the Country.
Technologies: Programming: Apple’s Cocoa framework, Java, Visual Basic 3, Visual Basic 5, HTML, Flash, PL/SQL; Databases: Oracle, Access.
- Development of company’s first Java based site, accessing information from Oracle in real time and using Flash to show professional graphics to the clients;
- Development of an image converter (from PDF to Jpeg) in Java / Cocoa, using Apple Mac OS X platform, to automatically convert advertisement images to be used in other web systems;
- Development of the company’s production system, used to construct and manage all steps in magazines creation, until going to the presses.
Software Developer, Cambuci SA (ATS Sistemas)
October 1995 to September 1997 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Company background: Cambuci is a medium size (4000 employees) sports accessories company, responsible for brands like Asics and Converse in Latin America.
Technologies: Programming: Progress, Fox Pro; Databases: Progress, Dbase.
- Maintenance of the company’s commercial system, including new features and bug fixes;
- Deployment and maintenance of the remote commercial system, used for all company’s sales offices around the Country;
- Maintenance of the company’s Apple Macintoshes, used to design new outfits.
BS in Physics - Universidade Federal de Sao Carlos, Sao Carlos, Brazil - 1994